1. Introduction: definitions, applications
2. Silisiclastic sediments: textures, structures, plaeocurrent analysis, detrital components, classification, sandstone composition and petrographic types, diagenesis, depositional environments, and applications.
3. Mudrocks: textures and structures, color, mineral constituents, genesis, diagenesis, depositional environments, and applications.
4. Limestones: mineralogy, components, classification, textures and structures, diagenesis, dolomitization, depositional environments, and applications.
5. Evaporites: genesis, gypsum and anhydrite, halite, other evaporate minerals, and applications.
6. Sedimentary iron deposits: source and transportation of iron, formation of iron minerals, occurrence and petrography of iron minerals, banded iron formation (BIF).
7. Sedimentary phosphates: mineralogy, nodular and bedded phosphorites, bioclastic deposits and guano, applications.
8. Organic rich sediments: modern organic deposits, ancient organic deposits, coals petrology, formation and ranks, oil shales, and petroleum.
9. Cherts and siliceous sediments: chert petrology, bedded cherts, nodular cherts, and non-marine siliceous sediments.
|1991 - now|