Jordan Education Reform for the Knowledge Economy Support Project (ERfKE)
• Managed the ECE component of the USAID ERfKE Support Project (ESP) providing technical support to Ministry of Education (MOE) and project staff in five major areas: kindergarten teacher training programs, refurbishment of kindergarten facilities, curriculum review and modification, quality assurance framework, and the parent involvement kindergarten program.
• Completed a Word Bank funded research study for National Center for Human Resources Development (NCHRD).
• Review of proposals and granting subcontracts according to USAID specifications.
• Developed community-based development program to enhance parent participation in their children’s education. The program was implemented throughout Jordan.
• Financial oversight of project budgets and expenditure including monthly financial reports.
• Management of a wide array of staff such as engineers, technical education staff, and financial officers.
• Worked with various local stakeholders to enhance project activities; UNICEF, NCFA, Ministry of Social Development (MoSD), local businesses, Jordan Pioneers,
• Managed the monitoring and evaluation activities for ESP/ECE, including the design, implementation and review process for all ECE data collection, analysis, and report writing activities. This includes ECE formative studies, parent involvement surveys and report writing, needs assessment survey design, analysis, and reporting.
• Provided technical assistance in areas such as trainer and teacher training manual development and related workshops, research design and implementation strategies, examining learning readiness tools, procurement, updating the licensing standards.
• Responsible for writing all ECE project reports according to donor specifications; biweekly, quarterly, bi-annual, and final reports in addition to concept papers to illicit MOE approval for ESP/ECE programs.
• Acting Chief of Party throughout the ESP project, assuming all Chief of Party responsibilities.
Higher Education for Development (HED) USAID, Amman, Jordan
• Managed pre-submission consultations with potential grant applicants for USAID/HED award recipients to enhance and improve the ECD undergraduate degree program at the University of Jordan, Amman.
• Reviewed draft proposals and issued of support letters to applicants for U.S. universities.
• Partnership Director on behalf of the University of Jordan and Utah State University.
Education Reform Project
Academy for Educational Development, Cairo, Egypt
• Support the Egyptian MOE in the development of assessment tools, content and pedagogy related to kindergarten teacher training programs.
• Assist the Egyptian faculty of kindergarten in establishing internal quality assurance system through the development and review of National Reference Standards (NARS).
University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
• Led the design and development of the ECE bachelor's level program within the university's Faculty of Educational Sciences.
• Responsible for teaching all ECE related courses.
• Worked in cooperation with University of Huddersfield (England) to establish the first early childhood research center at the University of Jordan.
• Served as campus-based educational consultant to provide technical assistance to kindergarten staff on developmentally appropriate activities, health care standards, educational pedagogy, teacher-child relations, and supervise implementation strategies.