The Material covers the following:
1. Pathophysiological basis of symptoms and signs related to
eyeball, adnexia, extraocular muscles, orbit and optic nerve.
2. Refractive errors: types, causes and principles of treatment.
3. Causes and manifestations of common ophthalmic diseases:
cataract, conjunctivitis, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein
occlusion, strabismus uveitis, keratopathies, lid masses, lid
malposition lacrimal obstruction, optic neuropathies and
4. Causes and manifestations of eye injuries.
5. Basic diagnostic tools used in ophthalmology: torch, direct
ophthalmoscope, slit lamp, Snellen chart and pinhole.