Name : Ziad Abdalla Hamed Malkawi
HIGHER SCHOOL EDUCATION:
1977–1979: Irbid Secondary School, Irbid, Jordan.General Secondary State Certificate Ministry of Education and Teaching in Jordan Grade 85%1976-1977: Prince Hassan Secondary School, Irbid, Jordan 1st Secondary Class
F.F. D.R.C.S.I., April, 1998 (fellowship in oral and maxillofacial surgery from the royal collage of surgeons in Ireland)
Max.Fac.S.Cert.( Certificate of specialization in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery ) 1993.
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,
School of Dentistry, University Of Wales College
Of Medicine (UWCM), Cardiff, Wales UK.
Master of Science ( M.Sc. ) 1991 in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology
Bristiol Dental Hospital and School, School of
Diploma in Higher Education 1989
School of Education, University of Jordan.
Undergraduate Education Degree:
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) 1984
Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University, Cairo,
September 2003 to date:
· Assistant professor and Consultant in oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry and Jordan university Hospital, University of Jordan, Amman – Jordan.
· Current examiner in Jordanian Board in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Jordanian Medical Committee.
· External examiner in dental school ( graduate students ) at Alfateh University in Trepoli in Lebia.
· External examiner several times ( MSc candidates) in school of dentistry at Jordan University for Science and Technology in irbed / Jordan.
September 2000 to sebtember 2003:
· Head of department of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, oral Medicine, periodontology and pathology, Faculty of dentistry, university of Jordan, Amman – Jordan
· Assistant professor and consultant in oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
· Member of the Faculty of Dentistry Board.
· Member of the Scientific Committee /faculty of Dentistry.
· Member of the Sterilization Committee.
· Member of the Student Affairs.
· Member of the Higher Education Committee.
· Participated as member in tenders Committees.
· Supervisor in social Public Service program / Jordan University.
August 1999 to August 2000:
Assistant Professor and Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine,
Periodontology and Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Jordan. Amman – Jordan.
Feb 1998 to 25 March 1999:
Registrar in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Wexham Park Hospital (NHS), Slough, Berks.UK. (1:6 On call Rota)
Aug 1997 to Feb 1998:
Locum Resident Senior S.H.O. at Scunthorpe and Grimsby General Hospitals, Norfolk and Norwich General Hospitals and preparing for my final F.F.D.R.C.S. examination
Aug 1996 to Aug 1997:
Resident Senior S.H.O. in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at Barnet & Edgware Gerneral Hospitals(NHS), Internal rotation (1:3 Rota). London UK.
Mar 1996 to Aug 1996:
Resident Senior S.H.O in Oral and Maxillofacial, Pilgrim Hospital (NHS), Sibsey Road, Boston, Lincs. As part of external rotation at Lincolnshire Health Authority (1:4 Rota)
Oct 1995 to Mar 1996:
Resident Senior S.H.O in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery Department, Lincoln County Hospital (NHS), Greet well Road, Lincoln, as part of external rotation at Lincolnshire Health Authority (1:4 Rota)
Mar 1995 to Oct 1995:
Resident Senior S.H.O in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Pilgrim Hospital (NHS), Sibsey Road, Boston, Linces. As part of external rotation at Lincolnshire Health Authority(1:4 Rota)
Nov 1994 to Mar 1995:
Honorary Clinical Assistant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Edgware General Hospital (NHS), Edgware, Middx. U.K.
May 1994 to July 1994:
Locum Resident S.H.O. in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Ashford Hospital (NHS), Ashford, Middx. U.K. (1:3 Rota)
Dec 1993 to May 1994:
Researcher and honorary Clinical Assistant in Oral Medicine and Oral Surgery and attending basic science lectures with the introductory course students at the Eastman Dental Institute, University of London, London / UK.
April, 1992 to Dec 1993:
Honorary Clinical Assistant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology, Dental School, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales.
This post mainly to have the certificate of specialization in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
Nov 1991 to April 1992:
Clinical attachment in Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology Department, Dental School, Bristol University, Bristol, U.K.
Oct 1990 to Nov 1991:
Honorary Clinical Assistant during postgraduate course (M.Sc.) by advanced study and research in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Department of Oral Medicine, Surgery and Pathology, Dental School, Bristol, U.K.
June, 1988 to Oct 1990:
Teaching and Research Assistant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology Department, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Jordan Amman, Jordan
Jan 1988 to June, 1988:
G.D.P. in private clinic, Irbid, Jordan.
Dec 1985 to Dec 1987: -
Royal Medical Services, Jordanian Army, Jordan Rotational Program in all Dental Spatiality and rotational duty in several army hospitals and army medical units..
Oct 1985 to Dec 1985:
G.D.P in private clinic in Irbid, Jordan
Oct 1984 to sept 1985:
One year Rotational Internship in El-Qasar-El-ainy Hospital, Cairo University, Cario, Egypt.
COURSES / MEETINGS:
· Three Monthly meeting of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery committee, Amman – Jordan.
· Yearly Scientific day at the end of academic year which usually runs by our school to exchange and share our experience with other dental school in Irbid, Royal medical service, Ministry of health and private dental professional, and I’m member of the scientific committee in my school who prepare for this meeting.
· Several courses in advanced bone grafting procedures and soft tissue management in dental implants which were held in Germany in July 2007,April 2008 and July 2008.
· Several courses run by Synthes about facial deformity and maxillo facial fractures last was held in Amman, march 2007.
· Several courses about facial deformity surgery run by Stryker last was held in Doseldorf at Germany in September 2009.
· International conference of cranio maxillo facial surgery which runs by European Association of Cranio Maxillo Facial surgery every tow years, last one was held in September2008 in Bologna at Italy.
· International conference of head and neck cancer which runs by American society of head and neck surgery every tow years, last one was held in august 2006 in Chicago at USA.
· Several courses and meeting at my school and in amman about different kinds of implant, mainl Friadent, ITI, Brenemark and many other systems.
· Distraction Osteogenesis workshop (one Day). Jordan General Dental Council / Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons committee. (February 2000).
· Microsurgery Workshops Course in association with the Royal College of Surgeons of England (26 to 30 October 1998), Northwick Park Microsurgery Workshops, Northwick Park Hospital, London. U.K.
· Lasers in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Course (9, 10 July 1998), Royal London Hospital, London, U.K.
· Regional 3 monthly Departmental Audit Meetings in Oxford and East Anglia Hospitals.
· Regional Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery monthly meetings in oxfordshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire (Oxford and East Anglia Meetings).
· Trauma Skills (A.T.L.S.) Course (July 1997), Birmingham, U.K.
· Osteotomies and Orthognathic Surgery Course (11-12 May 1997), Loughborough, U.K.
· Monthly Department meetings and teaching between Edgware General Hospital, Barnet General Hospital and the Royal Free Hospital.
· Regional Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery meetings: Doncaster July, 1995.Nottingham December, 1995. Sheffield February 1996.
· Final F.D.S.R.C.S Course, a 3 week course (23 October to 9 November, 1995), Royal College of Surgeons of England, London.
· Dentist in the Ward, Lincoln, U.K. 1995
· Human Diseases in relation to Dentistry course, a 3 day course (4, 5, 6 October 1995) Eastman Dental Institute London.
· Primary F.D.S.R.C.S Course, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, May 1994.
· B.A.O.M.S Conferences, Cardiff, 1993. London 1994. Glascow 1995. London 1996 and 1998.
· Dental implant course, London, 1993.
· Jordanian association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
· Member and examiner in Jordanian medical committee ( Jordanian Board in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery ).
· Jordanian Dental Association, Amman, Jordan.
· Temporary registration in British Dental Assosiation.
· Associate Member of British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1992
· Member of the Association of Dental Implantology of Great Britain, London, England – July, 1993
· Fellow of Faculty of Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
· Associate member of American society of head and neck surgery.
Member of European Association of Cranio - Maxillo – Facial Surgery