• Biological control of insects; pathogenicity of Bacillus thuringiensis and B. sphaericus, screening for cry genes; cloning of the cry gene; Genetic transformation of tomato plant with cry5 .
• Biodiversity of bacteria .
• Bacteriocin production .
• Quality criteria for reclaimed water.
• Isolation and characterization of potential biodegraders: Plant waste materials: cellulose, xylan, etc.; degradation of xenobiotic compounds: phenolic compounds, herbicides and pesticides, etc.
• Biodiversity of marine bacteria: Bacteria associated with coral reefs; antibiotic and antiviral products of marine bacteria
• Entomopathogenic bacteria in Jordan: Biological control of insects; pathogenicity of Bacillus thuringiensis and B. sphaericus.
Analysis of bacterial proteins by SDS Polyacrylamide
Use of ELISA kits for detection of pathogens and in identification
Preparation of bacterial genomic DNA and plasmids
Determination of restriction patterns of total DNA, and Plasmid profiles
Identification of genes using PCR techniques
Isolation and identification of bacteria
Different enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of Erythromycin have been purified and characterized; we are trying to understand the various aspects of macrolide Antibiotics production and regulation.